Notice the men on the bottom right corner. It really puts the Big Falls into prospective.
Two women hiked the Glens Trail to the Big Falls all while dressed to the nines.
In 1912 these Falls were covered and have yet to be removed over 100 years later.
The Gorge was exploited commercially when the Northern Ohio Power and Light Company built a power plant at the southeast corner of the High Street car bridge over the Cuyahoga River in 1912 and for operation of the plant constructed a 70 foot high concrete dam on top of the beautiful Big Falls. Thus, the falls became the spillway of the dam. It was later operated by Ohio Edison. Today, nobody claims ownership of the dam covering The Big Falls.